Which Manufactured Home Garbage Disposal Unit Is Right For You?
Manufactured home garbage disposals are the easiest and the most convenient way of getting rid of leftover food. Millions of homeowners have units installed in their homes because of the convenience and practicality. Most brands are easy to use. Their manufacturers aim to create units that will last for a long time. Many consumers prefer quiet garbage disposal units. However, a majority of buyers want durable machines and they are prepared to pay a good sum of money to ensure that they get one that will last for many years. But no matter how expensive your machine is, it should always be cared for to maintain its efficiency. Here are some tips that will help you prolong the life of your unit:
1. Do not put anything in it that is too hard.
The Most Common Garbage Disposal Units
1. InSinkErator SS 100 Commercial Garbage Disposal – This garbage disposal machine is not intended for home use but is noteworthy to be mention because it is similar to those that can be used at home, hence buyers usually purchase it erroneously. Its 1hp motor has the capacity to handle wastes generated by at least 450 people in a day. It is exceptionally durable but is priced at a whopping $1,371 at www.amazon.com. It weighs 50 lbs. and comes with a one-year full warranty.
2. InSinkErator Evolution Excel 1.0hp Garbage Disposal – This is great for home news and comes from the same manufacturer of the aforementioned garbage disposal unit. It is highly durable and can easily get rid of anything fed into it. It has a 7-year warranty on services and parts. Users also agree that it is a lot quieter than other manufactured home garbage disposals. It can also be purchased from www.amazon.com for $317.
3. InSinkErator Evolution Septic Assist ¾hp Food Waste Disposer – This is a better choice in a home that already have septic systems. It is also quieter than other brands. Food waste goes through two grind stages therefore you can be sure that they will be disposed of properly with minimal blockages. It has a 4-year warranty. This product is currently on sale at www.amazon.com for $221 instead of $410.
4. KitchenAid Continuous Feed ¾hp Garbage Disposal – This is one of the few garbage disposal units that are easy to install therefore you will not have any problem with it. However, you have to make sure that you have ample space below your sink so that this unit will fit nicely. It can also be bought at www.amazon.com for $215.
5. InSinkErator Evolution Compact ¾hp Garbage Disposal – This unit is one of the many manufactured home garbage disposals exceptionally quiet operation. It is easy to install. It is made of stainless steel therefore, corrosion will be kept at a minimal. It is also durable and can last up to 20 years. It is also on sale at www.amazon.com for $165 instead of the original $365.
6. Waste King Legend 8000 Garbage Disposal – There are a lot of people who are excited about this product since it is a well-known model, since it was featured in Consumer Report's August 2009 issue. This unit is especially powerful with its 1 HP capacity and is a lot cheaper than brands that only have ¾ HP. It can be found on sale also at www.amazon.com for $120 instead of its $339 original price.
7. Waste King L-2600 Legend Series ½hp Garbage Disposal – This model is almost as powerful as the one with 1 HP Waste King model. However, with just ½ HP, it is still a lot more powerful than other brands of manufactured home garbage disposals. One household was able to prove this because when he installed the model, he fed scraps into it that his older unit was unable to dispose of. To his amazement, the waste was gone in a matter of seconds. There are also feedback that it is not as quiet as brands that are more expensive and models. However, the important thing is that it is able to assist you in your garbage disposal without really waking the neighbors. Instead of its original price of $154, it can be bought at www.amazon.com for only $70.
8. InSinkErator Badger 5 ½hp Garbage Disposal – There are many positive reviews about this product however there are more negative reviews. Many people have said that they were only able to use the disposal unit for only two years and it was a goner. However, there are those who purport that such length of service is enough for the price they paid. But then again, it is available at www.amazon.com for $72 and that is already a discounted price – $2 more than other disposal models with better reviews.
9. KitchenAid KCDB250G ½hp 26 oz. Garbage Disposal – This is one of the products that are easier to install than other units. Although there was one report that they were only able to use this model for three years, there are still more people leaving positive reviews. It is also affordable than other models that offer the same service. Currently, it can be bought at www.amazon.com for $99. If you want to buy it at a cheaper price, then you might want to wait for a sale.
10. InSinkErator Badger 1 1/3hp Garbage Disposal – It is made of galvanized steel with a compact design so it is surely a space saver. However, aside from that, there is a multitude of horrible reviews that could easily make anyone stay away from the Badger series of the InSinkErator brand. There was even a report that the garbage disposal unit had difficulty getting rid of eggshells and apples. It is valued at $75 to $90.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Where is the garbage disposal trap?
Dallas, Florida, Washington, Zanesville, Apple Valley, Berkeley, Macomb, Jeffersonville, Greenville, North Tonawanda, Dumas, Lindenhurst, Hercules, Connecticut, Evergreen Park, Hammond, Elkton, Waterbury, Overland Park, Sand Springs, Pennsylvania, Rome, Delaware, Durant, Blue Ash, Eloy, Saraland, Darien, Maine, Florence, Pflugerville, Massachusetts, Homestead, Hawaii, Beacon, Junction City, Eureka, Fillmore, West Virginia, Holyoke, Yuma, Willoughby, Leawood, Pontiac, Fernandina Beach, Wisconsin, Brooklyn, Miramar, Pelham, Savage, Chino Hills, Bellevue, San Benito, Point Pleasant, Ogdensburg, Gardner, West Valley City, Indian Trail, Hollister, Hillsborough, Montebello, Anaheim, Olive Branch, Sunbury, Prior Lake, Merriam, Conway, Idaho, St. Helens, Auburn, Vincennes